Position: Label Manager / A&R Scout (UK)
Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive with bonus options
We’re in search of a dedicated and driven Label Manager and A&R Scout to become a valuable part of our expanding team and be part of the launch of an exciting new project within LabelWorx.
You will represent a core roster of LabelWorx’s existing artist and label clients, as well discovering unsigned artists and working with them on releasing new music.
The Label Manager and A&R Scout will report directly to the VP of Artist, Content & Labels.
Day to Day
- Onboarding talent by targeting new and established artists and labels
- Manage existing roster of clients
- Provide technical and creative feedback on music
- Utilise your existing creative network of producers, composers, vocalists and engineers to create new opportunities
- Attend label / artist shows and industry networking events
- Work collaboratively with a team of negotiatorsBuild relationships and enhance the overall organisation’s culture, diversity and performance
- Compile and present monthly reports, providing
- in-depth analysis on your activities and achievements to the CEO and VP.
The position is based in the United Kingdom, but a remote position may be considered depending on the candidate’s profile.
Essential skills to include
- Experience with roles as a Label Manager, A&R and artist development within electronic music
- The ability to listen to music and provide a critical opinion
- Proven track record of success in A&R
- Knowledgeable: Thorough understanding of the digital distribution supply chain.
- Organised: You are a multitasker where time management and prioritisation are second nature. You meet deadlines and your attention to detail is second to none.
- Reliable: With remote working a possibility, you need to be trusted to get the job done and work professionally without supervision.
- Socially Aware: You will be in tune with dance music culture, being able to spot and capitalize on upcoming trends.
- Data Driven: You will be able to analyze data and generate concise reports to upper management.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills
- Technological: You must be competent and efficient at using basic IT systems such as MS Office & GSuite with a focus on Excel and sheets.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish, Italian, etc.)
- Experience using project management and sales tools eg: Asana
Label Worx Staff Benefits
- Voucher Schemes eg: Cycle to Work, Tech for Work etc.
- Annual leave rewards for length of service
- Annual pay reviews and performance-based bonuses
- Never work your birthday