Department: This Never Happened
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Compensation: London Living Wage
Label Assistant (Intern) – This Never Happened
Global Independent Music Company
Bermondsey, London UK (we are only accepting candidates from the UK for this role)
Salary: London Living Wage
6 months, internship
ABOUT THE ROLE & COMPANY
Lane 8’s record label This Never Happened is on the hunt for the ultimate label assistant to join the team.
In just over five years, This Never Happened has become one of the hottest labels in melodic house. Releasing two albums from label boss Lane 8, TNH has amassed over 500 million streams across its catalogue, risen up as the most playlisted label on Sirius Chill and become a regular across all key streaming playlists.
Developing a close-knit label family and distinctive sound, TNH has nurtured rising stars such as Le Youth, Jerro, EMBRZ and Massane, releasing albums from each, as well as energising the career of industry legends Sultan + Shepard – who’s forthcoming album ‘Forever, Now’ will hit the world imminently.
This Never Happened is run in partnership with Involved Group. With offices in London and Los Angeles, Involved Group is home to globally renowned record labels Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, as well as an artist management division – Involved Management – whose roster includes talents such as Seven Lions, Dusky, Lane 8 and Spencer Brown.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exciting and nimble team that plugs into one of the most well respected and talented teams across the industry. You will be supremely organised, have an innate & authentic passion for all things music, a positive and proactive approach to tasks and aren’t afraid to get stuck in. You will possess a keen interest in social media, community and be across the current industry trends.
- Collate and distribute stats, streaming data and updates for priority releases & internal weekly label report
- Assisting with distribution delivery, including formulating sales notes and label copy under guidance of product manager
- Producing copy and content ideas for social media channels, as well as executing and scheduling approved ideas
- Generating promotional links for audio and visual assets
- Filing and organising assets within our cloud-sharing services
- Inputting data into our release schedule
- Preparing digital promotional mailouts via Inflyte and PromoPush
- Compiling retail and press coverage reports
- Briefing art department and content creators for release assets
- Basic video editing tasks using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Analyse and circulate weekly sales information, identifying trends and communicating this to product managers and wider team
- Basic graphic editing tasks using Adobe Photoshop
- Basic audio editing tasks using Ableton Live
- Uploading videos and audio to YouTube and SoundCloud
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Passion and knowledge of electronic music are essential
- A good knowledge of key artists, record labels and promoters in the electronic music space
- Highly organised, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work within a fast-moving environment
- Be up to date with the latest social media trends, companies and applications
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, along with Google documents and spreadsheets
- A can-do and proactive attitude, and ability to independently find solutions to challenges
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of Ableton, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro is required
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date: 7th March, 2023 (we reserve the right to close this role early if we have enough suitable candidates)
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at email@example.com. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.