Kobalt’s fast growing Recordings division is looking for an experienced Digital Operations Manager to join the AWAL team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the continued quality of our release deliveries as well as maintaining excellent relationships with our partners and contributing to the broader operational strategy as the department continues to grow.
AWAL is a preferred supplier to the major DSPs, holding Direct Live status with Apple. We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week. Expertise with XML, digital music metadata and content ingestion/digital supply chain systems is required for this role.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL OPERATIONS MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensure all frontline audio and video products have been set up in accordance with partner asset and metadata specifications.
- Troubleshoot issues with live products at DSPs, referring to XML and liaising with Tech to fix where necessary.
- Set up Instant Grats and timed releases, adjust monetisation policies and carry out metadata/rights updates as required across the AWAL catalogue.
- Monitor and report on issues within the supply chain that are hindering delivery attempts, to continually optimising our systems and processes with a view to scale.
- Onboard new digital service partners, scheduling integrations and catalogue backfills as required.
- Conduct monthly performance review, including analysis of our iTunes Provider Scorecard, with the team and feedback to wider business.
- Manage internal Digital Operations documentation, including up-to-date DSP best practices and metadata style guide for client-facing teams.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least 2 years’ experience working with DDEX XML and using it to diagnose issues
- A good understanding of working with music metadata in a digital distribution context – working knowledge of the iTunes and Spotify Style Guides is highly desirable
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect, Spotify and YouTube CMS preferred)
- Knowledge of rights management across UGC platforms (YouTube, SoundCloud)
- Meticulous attention to detail and advanced analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Familiar with using iTunes Transporter via the command line
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Project management experience