Joining a growing People & Culture team, reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP, P&C US will partner with leadership and employees, as well as the rest of the P&C team to grow, develop and support a growing employee population in the US.
The People & Culture department is a growing team made up of Business Partners (known internally as P&C Managers), Learning & Development and Internal Recruitment.
WHAT DOES A VP of P&C AT KOBALT DO?
- Partner with leadership team on people & culture and change management initiatives
- Partner with Chief People Officer and P&C team to effectively execute P&C strategy
- Build a first class employee experience, promoting development feedback, objective setting, employee engagement, etc.
- Promote and engage in well-being and diversity / inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relation cases from initial advice through to completion
- Provide data, reporting insights and analysis to support the US senior managers in making decisions to improve their teams.
- Advise managers on compensation discussions
- Design and deliver key P&C initiatives which get rolled out to the US and potentially ROW
- Ensure HR data is up to date and changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator/others as needed.
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, ER.
- Subject matter expert and owner for People related compliance in the US. Ensures policies are up to date and fit for purpose
- Manage Manager, People & Recruiting
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in People & Culture/HR, preferably at a high growth company
- Business Understanding
- Used to working in a creative business environment
- Knowledge of the music industry is a plus but not required
- Business Partnering:
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Using metrics / data to advise and influence
- Change Management / ER
- Support staff going through huge amounts of change and business growth.
- Strong handling of managing complex ER cases
- Strong knowledge of California/US employment regulations.
- HR knowledge
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following would be advantageous: managing annual salary reviews, actioning employee survey results, running workshops, performance management, employee relations and org design
- Business savvy and analytical with strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills at all levels
- Flexible and proactive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as manage day to day role
Benefits: You will be eligible for the current health, life, disability and dental insurance offered per company policy and the terms of those plans. Benefits commence on the first of the month following employment with Kobalt.
Vacation and Sick Days: You shall be entitled to accrue 10 paid sick days and 15 paid vacation days per year per Company policy. In addition, Kobalt currently closes its offices between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Employees are currently paid for these days without using their personal time off as an added benefit. Vacation and sick time begin accruing the first month following the hire date but can only be taken once the employee has completed Kobalt’s 90 day Introductory Period.