The Senior Vice President of Synchronisation will be responsible for overseeing creative pitching, clearance and synch administration for the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Netherlands and overseeing synch agents and sub-publishers in key territories including France, Italy and Eastern Europe.
The role will be directly responsible for managing the UK based creative and licensing team, proactively securing licensing opportunities for Kobalt clients and achieving fiscal targets for the assigned territories. This individual will be report into the President, Global Synch & Brand Partnerships.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies.
Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SVP, SYNCHRONISATION UK & EUROPE AT KOBALT DO?
- Oversee and manage the UK based synch department including creative synch strategy, synch clearance, income tracking and licensing admin handled out of the local office
- Implement and execute an effective synch strategy to achieve quarterly and yearly fiscal targets set by your supervisor(s)
- Facilitate, negotiate, and close all levels of film, television and advertising related licensing deals that originate in the territory and individually contribute to revenue growth within the market
- Liaise and effectively communicate with Kobalt clients to ensure fair and equitable terms for synchronization and music licensing requests
- Proactively solicit and pitch Kobalt administered compositions and recordings to advertising agencies, brands, music supervisors, music editors, producers in the target region(s)
- Create and maintain a contact database of the key music decision makers and partners at advertising agencies, brands, Film & TV production companies, television networks, among others and ensure that each account is being creatively managed by a member of the team
- Provide guidance and ensure the team is achieving the best financial results for each synch license
- Proactively reach out to Kobalt’s writers/artists to maintain and foster good client relations as well as keeping them up to date on the current synch and brand landscape in the territory
- Help establish and maintain yearly and quarterly fiscal goals and targets
- Ensure the department is working closely with synch agents and sub-publishers to set targets, market the catalogue effectively and align the our overall goals
- Ensure the department is managing and maintaining weekly KPI’s to confirm fiscal targets are being met
- Work closely with President, VP, Synch Clearance & Licensing Admin and Products to set and implement global processes and development strategies
- Work with Synch Admin to log, maintain and manage licensing deals and pitches in Kobalt’s internal database
- Stay abreast of new music from writer/artist signings
- Organize meetings in London for writers/artists upon request
- Attend Kobalt artist/writer live shows, events, showcases etc. as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Must have a passion for music
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience of managing a synch department, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
- Must possess excellent management skills
- Must be highly organized, detailed oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have very strong customer relations skills
- Must possess strong analytical and reporting skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.