Kobalt is looking for an experienced Content Operations Manager to join the expanding AWAL team.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Operations, the role is based in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the global Content Operations function, ensuring the continued quality of our release deliveries and maintaining excellent relationships with priority partners.
Deep expertise with digital music metadata and content management systems is required, as well as a passion for pushing things forward in this space.
For example, we’re really excited about the opportunities afforded by voice activated technologies and would expect you to be too!
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters.
AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Kooks, Laura Marling, Tom Misch, De La Soul, The Wombats, David Gray, Placebo and LAUV, and labels including Marathon Artists, Independiente, Mau5trap, Downtown, Wrasse and Chrysalis.
Working at AWAL, and this role will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – so ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as a Senior Manager, Content Operations?
- QC priority audio release submissions in accordance with partner metadata specifications
- Provide structured feedback for client-facing teams when releases fail checks
- Work with internal teams to continually review and optimise content ingestion processes with a view to scale
- Own departmental documentation, including AWAL Metadata Style Guide
- Conduct monthly performance review, including analysis of our iTunes Provider Scorecard
- Work with client-facing teams to develop tools and resources to increase first time success rate for uploaded content
You will ideally have
…3+ years in a Content Operations or similar role
…advanced knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides
…a familiarity with Apple XML and DDEX ERN standards
…experience leading a team and developing staff
…expertise with content management systems (iTunes Connect & Spotify preferred)
…experience working with the iTunes Provider Scorecard
…meticulous attention to detail and advanced analytical skills
…ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders at all levels
…knowledge of specialist genres including Bollywood and Classical and the complexity of their metadata requirements is desirable