We are seeking a Senior Investments Account Manager with strong numerical skills to join our market-leading administrative team. Previous experience in music copyright, administration and account management is required.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with very strong written and verbal communication skills. It will suit someone seeking to work in an ambitious and successful organization.
Candidates must be expert in Excel and comfortable communicating with high profile clients and their representatives. Knowledge of foreign collection societies and music publishing on a global scale would be advantageous, as would a background in Finance or Accounting.
The primary roles of the client service team are to transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries. This role involves the account management and distribution preparation for Kobalt Capital, Kobalt’s subsidiary investment advisor of two music royalty funds owned by institutional and private investors.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR INVESTMENTS ACCOUNT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions relating to Kobalt Capital Ltd
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Finance and Tech Departments to deliver quarterly account statements to Kobalt Capital
- Act as primary point of contact for questions around Kobalt’s accounting to Kobalt Capital and any investigations involving
- Kobalt Capital investments and deal performance against revenue forecasts
- Maintain relationships with representatives and principals of Kobalt Capital
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society, ideally in a Royalty/Finance Accounting capacity working with high-profile clients with a track-record of providing excellent customer service
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Highly numerate with expert Microsoft Excel skills as well as SQL
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritize to strict deadlines
- Possess high analytical skills, ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker & good decision maker
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties