As Senior Director of A&R, you will drive the artist acquisition and creative process from discovery to delivery across Kobalt Music Recordings / AWAL. You will build and manage a team of US scouts to help identify the most exciting new artists.
You will work closely with the Kobalt publishing creative team to connect Recordings artists with published writers and producers. The successful candidate will also communicate the artist’s vision throughout the team and sign clients to all Kobalt Music Recordings/ AWAL artist categories.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR DIRECTOR OF A&R AT KOBALT DO?
- Identify and pitch available established and superstar artists
- Research, identify and sign emerging artists
- Provide A&R direction and support on assigned projects
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for prospective clients
- Provide detailed analysis of prospective artist careers and audience engagement
- Forecast commercial viability based on data analysis.
- Work closely with Business Affairs to formulate deal proposals
- Work closely with the publishing creative staff to find songs and creative collaboration opportunities with Kobalt published writers and producers
- Support and enhance signed artist’s creative vision
- Attend local new artist shows
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture
- Exceptional understanding of the digital market and digital platforms
- Must have an extensive network within all levels of the music industry (i.e. managers, lawyers, publishers, booking agents, songwriters, producers, independent labels & publicists)
- Team player with just get it done mentality
- Seasoned player with a number of year’s experience in an A&R role