We are thrilled to announce a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Kobalt’s quickly growing, London-based synch team, working with a diverse catalogue and a passionate team dedicated to our commitment to bring transparency and the highest possible level of service to our clients.
As a Senior Creative Synchronisation Manager, you will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for the Kobalt Music Publishing catalogue. We are looking for an energetic team player with well-developed relationships within the industry to further build the Kobalt profile, as well as create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases & marketing campaigns across various media including advertising, film, film-trailers and games.
You may be working on the label or publishing side for a major or an indie, at an agency, music supervisor or perhaps even running your own business! But most important is that you are driven, passionate and hungry for success and frequently networking at industry events & shows always looking for new business and opportunities. The ideal candidate would therefore be a self-starter and an influencer – someone who can cope with a high-pressure and fast-paced environment, but remains optimistic & persistent to make things happen!
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more revenue, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR CREATIVE SYNCHRONISATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Facilitate, negotiate & close all synchronisation requests for the Kobalt Music Publishing with a primary focus on UK synch
- Create, develop & maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at ad agencies, brands, production companies, music supervisors, directors, editors etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with key Kobalt Music Publishing A&R/Creative, Synch and Label teams
- Maintain good relationships and regular communication with Kobalt clients, including but limited to artists as well as their management and representative
- Proactively drive synch revenue for Kobalt and its clients, with a primary focus on the UK synch market
- Proactively create and implement synch strategies based on priority releases, including single and album timelines
- Work closely with the synch licensing admin team to ensure proper data entry and admin workflows
- Develop strong working relationships with Kobalt Music Publishing Admin teams, and be responsible for ensuring good operational flow of information and assets between the clients team and synch team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Solid experience working creatively in the synchronisation business with well-developed relationships within the industry and a proven sales record
- Experienced knowledge of music licensing, including the industry terminology and language used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synchronisation license
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- An interpersonal, driven self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, iTunes, QuickTime Pro as well as emailing marketing tools
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment, but also has ability to work independently
- A passion for music is essential!