Reporting to the Director, US Royalties and Tracking, the Senior Coordinator will be an essential member of a small, but tight-knit global team based in our New York office.
Overall, the team is responsible for the assurance of revenue from affiliates around the world, as well as finding additional opportunities to grow revenue further in new and existing markets.
You will take ownership of weekly, recurring as well as ad-hoc tasks focusing on processing of our clients’ music royalties as well as supporting the team with income tracking processes to drive maximum value and provide our clients with the most transparent and accurate reporting in the music industry.
This requires a process-driven mindset and a high level of attention to detail. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment so having an inquisitive mindset as well as organizational and prioritization skills is essential.
In return you get to work with a forward-thinking and collaborative team in an entrepreneurial environment where your ideas and suggestions on how to maximize value for our clients are always welcome.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- You process Big Data royalty statements, review data from digital licensees and arrange import formats with universal organization for ingestion as well as help solve any complex royalty issues.
- You ensure accuracy and timely reporting of US Mechanical statements.
- You run Athena queries when needed for the team, conduct quarterly analysis of income and royalty trends as well as create source earning reports to help track gaps in US Mechanical income.
- You correspond with outside sources regarding outstanding statements and payments and work cross-functionally with the internal digital partnerships team in tracking and processing advance reporting from existing deals.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You may have had experience working for a music publishing or recording business with a solid understanding of mechanical licensing and copyright registration.
- You have some experience manipulating or analyzing large volumes of data and/or experience in identifying gaps in data or income is essential.
- You have a working knowledge of using SQL based databases, and ideally with some experience with Athena.
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities who takes initiative and has the ability to problem solve to understand complex royalty issues.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists.
We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential.
We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.