Joining a newly formed Royalties team in the Publishing department in our London office, the primary role of the Royalties Assistant will be to take full ownership of the end to end processing of flow-through and ad-hoc income sources.
As these income sources increase as Kobalt sign new administration deals and acquire new catalogues, the successful candidate will need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding statements and have high levels of confidence in decision making when faced with difficult challenges such as investigating unknown payments.
Working across several areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders such as finance or business affairs, requires excellent communication skills as well as a detail-driven mind-set and that you are comfortable with repetitive and data heavy tasks.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Log & process incoming statements from various sources
- Chase any outstanding statements or missing payments
- Send LOD’s for new flow-through deals
- Investigate unknown payments
- Assist the Royalties Manager with ad-hoc tasks to facilitate accurate and correct royalty generation
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright and/or royalty processing experience as well as a good understanding of music publishing
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of written and spoken English as well as any other required language skills
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential