Reporting to the VP Global Recruitment you will Support hiring across a range of disciplines, building relationships with key managers in New York and across the US offices. You will advise and guide them through Kobalt’s recruitment processes and policies and consistently deliver a diverse and balanced shortlist for each open role.
Key metrics will be ensuring new hires meet our cultural values, are hired in a timely and cost effective manner and that all parties have a first-class recruitment experience.
To be successful in the role, you need to be confident, determined and ambitious, but always with a humble approach to build trustworthy relationships, and not to enforce them.
The role involves a high level of diligence, organization and prioritization and is a great opportunity to shape the talent that comes into Kobalt as a key stage of our growth.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A RECRUITER AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide an exceptional recruitment experience from the first point of contact with line manager or candidate through to offer and start date.
- Support hiring managers in sourcing and hiring top talent by: assisting with writing job descriptions, advising on sourcing approach, posting jobs, doing initial screenings and engaging talent, managing candidate communications, scheduling and participating in interviews, post-interview debriefs, reference checking, preparing management reports and facilitating effective use of Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System.
- Conduct a high volume of phone, video, and onsite interviews
- Source candidates via various external sources including proactively data mining on LinkedIn and through networking groups, identifying alternative sources for cost effective recruiting.
- Increase Kobalt’s involvement and outreach in the music / tech communities by attending industry networking and recruiting events.
- Build qualified candidate pools to meet needs of future opportunities
- Provide interview/systems training to all US Kobalt employees involved in hiring.
- Manage multiple openings across a range of skill sets
- Manage recruitment and advertising suppliers to facilitate hiring
- Be knowledgeable about Kobalt and effective in communicating the business and its culture and values
- Present new and creative ways of engaging talent; keeping up with the latest trends on talent acquisition
- Support new recruitment initiatives such as diversity and inclusion and internships
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience of high volume recruiting ideally in a creative or tech industry
- Web savvy with experience with recruitment advertising, tools, platforms, CV search and recruiting websites including LinkedIn
- Experienced in selecting and using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- In-depth screening and face to face interview experience – including use of competency-based interview techniques
- Analytical with the ability to manage data, set up and run reports and queries of data and present it to senior team with recommendations
- A people person: you’re friendly, social, and genuinely enjoy working with others
- Approachable and good listener/note taker and can build a trustworthy relationship with internal stakeholders
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills – carefully plans and structures their work load but can be flexible as priorities frequently change
- Enjoys administrative work (intermediate Excel), pays attention to the small details and takes great care making sure all the boxes are ticked and that systems and databases are updated regularly – hands on approach to all aspects of the recruitment end to end process
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to quickly secure credibility in relationships
- A passion for and good understanding of the music industry
- Tenacious and able to concentrate on tasks for a long period of time
- Can cope with a high-pressure and fast-paced environment but remains optimistic & persistent to make things happen