Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a proactive individual with strong communication and relationship-building skills to join our successful Society Relations team in London. In the role, you would be responsible for our client’s accounts at multiple Neighbouring Rights Societies around the world. Day to day you will need the ability to manage your own tasks and the relationship with your societies, this role predominantly involves general administrative work requiring you to be highly organised and detail-oriented whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the largest Neighbouring Rights administrator in the world. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 offering a global service to performers and labels alike. Our roster is amongst the best in the world and includes; A$AP Rocky, Ashnikko, Burna Boy, The Chainsmokers, Tones & I, Kygo, Kelis, Lewis Capaldi, Lil Wayne, Sia, Young Thug and more. We have two vacancies available, one working for our performers and the other working for our labels.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for reviewing and processing incoming recording data from our label clients by checking that it meets our data quality requirements, liaising with our Client Relationship Manager to ensure any inaccuracies are resolved, and will log when the data is ready for registration.
- You will maintain internal and external databases ensuring our clients and their repertoire data is registered accurately at the collection societies.
- You will take ownership of resolving either performer representation, or label repertoire conflicts by liaising with collection societies and/or counterclaimants, monitoring the progress and following up where necessary.
- You will monitor the societies distribution calendars, rules and deadlines and ensuring that internal knowledge logs are updated with any changes in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible for ensuring accurate distributions data is received from the societies and will liaise with them to resolve any queries raised by our Royalties team.
- You will provide support to the Society Relationship Managers and wider Neighbouring Rights team in regard to society related queries/requests.
Who you are:
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with a track record of building effective working relationships internally and externally using both verbal and written communication.
- Previous experience with Neighbouring Rights is not essential but previous admin experience in a rights collections role is desirable – most importantly you enjoy working as part of a team, thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organisational skills with high level of attention to detail and ability to track and monitor progress tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work accurately, independently and to strict deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, and ideally, GSuite.
- Language skills are not essential but desirable.
Why choose us?
Through centralised, automated and efficient administration services using the latest technology, our Neighbouring Rights team offer a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency to ensure performers are paid fairly around the world.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – Apply today and share your story!