Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the MD of KNR, the Director of Client Relations will manage the Client Relations team and ensure a smooth running of the department. The role will establish new processes, improve existing ones where required as well as engaging with our client base to ensure we are constantly improving upon and delivering the service that our clients expect of us.
This is an office-based role requiring a driven individual with an ability to see the ‘big picture’ as well as an outstanding ability to take initiatives and drive things forward.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) offers a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income from the various relevant collecting societies around the world. KNR started in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR CLIENT RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- Develop and maintain good relationship with client roster
- Engage with client roster to ensure we are constantly delivering the highest level of service
- Measure and report KPI’s to Management
- Develop and motivate team members ensuring they grow in their roles
- Define, implement, and review processes to ensure work is done in the most efficient way at all times
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- Travel as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a client facing role is crucial – desirable that it is from the music industry
- Strong team and stakeholder management and communication at all levels is key:
- You know how to get the best out of people and have experience in inspiring and leading teams
- You understand the need to take people with you along the journey and can influence those around you to achieve collective success
- You regularly review progress with your teams and are keen to learn more about developing teams
- Ability to organise & prioritise work as well as work independently
- Continuously looking for ways to improve processes, take initiatives and drive things forward
- Excellent communication skills and level of written and spoken English
You have a solid background in a client management role and a thorough understanding of the importance of great customer service. It is desirable, but not crucial, that you have good understanding of neighbouring rights. You may be working for a label or publishing company or a neighbouring rights collection society where you are used to dealing with high profile clients.
Most important is that you understand our clients’ needs and can see the big picture, can take initiatives and are able to efficiently manage a growing team of people.