Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the VP, Administration the Assistant, Repertoire & Claims will research and create detailed, accurate discographies for new performer clients as well as making sure there’s a completeness and accuracy of ‘historically’ entered artist discographies.
In addition, they are responsible for the precise entry of our label clients data into our internal database.
They will work closely with the other teams to ensure that repertoire registrations and claims are up to date at the collection societies, enabling quick collection and distribution of monies received.
This requires a highly organised and analytical person with a proactive mindset and a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the largest Neighbouring Rights administrator in the world. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 offering a global service to performers and labels alike. Our roster is amongst the best in the world and includes A$AP Rocky, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa, Kygo, Lewis Capaldi, Lil Wayne, Sia, Young Thug and more.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, REPERTOIRE & CLAIMS DO?
- Data entry of research findings following complex procedures and rules of recording entry
- Data manipulating and population of client or data provider supplied information
- Accurate filing of release evidence
- Provide timely updates of client repertoire progress
- Where required, be proactive, foresee issues and suggest improvements in the system and procedure
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good communication skills are very important, specifically liaising in a professional way with colleagues regarding issues or queries
- Decisiveness: effective and timely decisions, but perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Person with resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to enter recordings accurately and efficiently
- Track record of good organization and prioritisation skills
- Be motivated to maintain learning and professional development, including new technical developments
- High level of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set