Kobalt Music Publishing is looking for a Work Entry Assistant to be based in the Kobalt office in London, and to work within the Copyright Department as a song processor.
The primary roles of a copyright department are registering claims to songs at the relevant collection societies globally and processing the royalties which result from the exploitation of those songs. This enables us to collect and distribute royalties due to the copyright owners. But before all of this can be done, we need to import into our system the songs we receive from our clients. This is the all-important task of our department, and accuracy is absolutely key as all subsequent tasks rely on the accuracy and efficiency with which this task is performed.
The successful candidate will have a well-supported imitation and training process.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHAT DOES A WORK ENTRY ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- To ensure that all works delivered to Kobalt Music Publishing are entered with 100% accuracy and within the deadlines
- Daily input of a substantial amount of data entry
- Being able to comply with complex procedures and rules of work entry
- To have an impeccable knowledge of all work entry issues and able to help and advice members of the copyright department regarding work entry matters
- To liaise in a professional way with clients and colleagues regarding issues or queries
- To maintain learning and professional development, including new technical and copyright developments
- Where required, to be proactive, foresee issues and suggest improvements in the system and procedure
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous copyright experience, a good understanding of music publishing, or a music-related degree, is highly desirable
- Good communication skills are very important: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally, we are looking for someone who is able to adapt communication to audience
- Creative Problem Solving: experience in creating and implementing new processes
- Decisiveness: effective and timely decisions, but perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Person with resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to enter works accurately and efficiently
- Track record of good organization and prioritisation skills
- High level of written and spoken English
- High level of numeracy
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set