Reporting to the SVP of Operations at AWAL, you will take responsibility for AWAL’s global royalty accounting & client administration services.
You will lead 2 teams overseeing workflow and processes:
- The royalty team handles mechanical licensing and accounting, compilation licensing as well as ensuring timely receipt, ingestion, reconciliation and processing of global royalty statements (Digital, Physical, D2C, Synch, Performance and Broadcast, Licensing) into our internal royalty system.
- The client administration team enters and maintains client contact, agreement and payment information, manages the generation of monthly and quarterly royalty accounting as well as providing bespoke, intelligent data analysis and responding to client queries regarding their statements.
The success of this role is defined by the efficient processing of revenue and the timely delivery of accurate statements across AWAL’s global client base. It’s therefore essential the person undertaking this role has deep experience in managing a royalty function at a record label.
WHAT DOES A VP, ROYALTIES & CLIENT ADMIN AT AWAL DO?:
- Oversee monthly and quarterly statement cycles for client royalties, mechanical royalties and overrides
- Serve as a royalties and administration adviser for the BA, Finance, Tech and Creative teams
- Lead all aspects of external audits where required (planning, overseeing fieldwork and analysing reporting)
- Work alongside AWAL senior management and product/tech teams on product development projects relating to the royalties and client admin business areas
- Step in as a point of contact for complex royalty accounting queries from high-profile artists
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?:
- Experience managing a record company royalties function;
…with a track record of improving the quality and the accuracy of royalty operations through people, process or systems change
…acting as the main point of escalation for all internal and external issues that impact royalty operations
…participating in senior management meetings presenting reports on performance metrics and offering commercial and market context to strategic decision making
…with strong working knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Strong people manager with experience managing royalty operations team including resource planning, recruitment and personal development of team
- Excellent analysis skills – using royalty tracking and other data sources to inform decision making
- Strong understanding of technical systems used to process royalties and a proficiency in SQL is highly desirable
- Organized self-starter with the capacity to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion
Friday 8th February 2019