The primary focus of the client Onboarding team is to work in conjunction with our tech team to transition the new clients’ data onto Kobalt’s proprietary systems and into the ongoing day-to-day processes of the core Operational teams (such as Copyright, Finance, Business Affairs, Synchronisation etc.).
Joining the newly formed Onboarding team, the Senior Onboarding Manager will lead the onboarding of specific major admin deals and large acquisitions. This role would be perfect for an experienced manager with strong interpersonal, project management and numerical skills with previous experience in music copyright, cross functional procedures, and end-to-end processes across music publishing as well as project management methodology.
This is a perfect role for a detail-oriented and flexible team player comfortable with rapidly evolving priorities and transitional arrangements, with very strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in communicating with high profile clients.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ONBOARDING MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Initiates, owns, reviews & updates Onboarding plan to coordinate the ingestion of new works, agreements
- Monitor overall progress against plan, report upwards to sponsor & programme board, manage issues and escalates to senior management for decision and resolution if needed
- Establish & build upon good relationships across multiple business areas
- Initiate and develop relationships between Kobalt and its publishing client(s)
- Guiding & supporting the Copyright & Admin departments to plan and track the various tasks needed to transition to ‘business-as-usual”
- Consult & inform Clients team enable them to establish a plan for client allocation, and subsequently monitor progress of handover to plan
- Act as the primary project point of contact for questions from any internal queries relating to those client(s)
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal processes and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to respond effectively to queries
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of technical aspects relevant to Kobalt (portal, statement processing, data ingestion formats)
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society
- Strong organisational, project management and analytical skills
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Highly numerate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills; SQL experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the “Innovation in Publishing” award at the MusicAlly awards.