We are seeking a Senior Manager to head up our industry-leading Synch Licensing Admin & Income Tracking team in London. The team is responsible for all synch licensing as well as the synch royalty processing for UK and European markets by tracking, receiving and processing all payments deriving from the use of our clients compositions in tv, film, video games, advertising and other media.
This position will require you to have a deep understanding of sync licensing and royalty tracking, but you are also curious, target driven and proactive as well as highly numerical and analytical. This is a role ideally suited to someone who enjoys problem solving in a fast-paced environment, and deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to ensure our clients copyrights are properly protected when licensed and that they get paid accurately and efficiently.
This is an exciting and challenging role with plenty of scope to grow in a global team that is close-knit and super supportive of each other.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER FOR SYNCH LICENSING ADMIN AND INCOME TRACKING AT KOBALT DO?
- You will manage and lead a small team that drafts and issues a high volume of long-form synchronization licenses and invoices
- You will be responsible for effectively negotiating those long-form synch licenses with our licensee clients as well as ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all UK, European & ROW Ex-US synch income
- You will play a key role in answering and evolving all forms of synch licensing questions, with topics including but not limited to, TV, Games, Film, Streaming, Online including new social media platforms and applications.
- You will develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Kobalt’s global licensing processes and systems, run regular reports and analysis for the department as well as continuously analyze existing business processes to design workflows and implement improvements
- You will work closely across all Kobalt departments and business areas such as Finance, Legal, Creative A&R, Royalties and Tech
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a background and experience in long-form synch licensing and have the ability to negotiate with ad agencies, supervisors and film companies and other clients on key licensing points
- You are a strong, autonomous and capable license negotiator
- You have a solid and well-developed understanding of music publishing and music rights terminology, ideally with an understanding of the legal framework for international synch licensing
- You have a good understanding of income and royalty tracking in the music industry
- You are a natural communicator and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You are confident presenting business analysis to senior management
- You also have an analytical mind-set, enjoy working with large data sets and a natural ability to view and solve problems
- You are a natural leader who inspires and motivates the people around you and supports the development of other members of the team
- You are passionate about making the industry more fair and rewarding for artists, so being a music fan and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is a must!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
WHAT MEMBERS OF THE TEAM SAY
“One of the most exciting aspects of working at Kobalt is being able to interact daily with many young artists and exciting new talents, coming from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. I also love being surrounded by an exceptional team of music lovers that challenge and inspire me every day.” – Giulio Mauchigna, UK Synch
“Kobalt is a great place to work, outside of your role there are lots of opportunities to meet people in different teams and do good for the community inside Kobalt and out! We organise a social event at least every quarter and of course there is the much needed Friday drinks where you can grab a nice cold bev and catch up with everyone!” – Charlotte Day, UK Synch
“Kobalt is a great company that truly listens to their staff, they have great benefits and the atmosphere is like one big family. There is always something happening, whether it be Wellbeing Month, an indoor Christmas market or a quiz night. The catalogue we represent is immense and ever growing. It’s an exciting company to be a part of.” – Alaine Fulton, UK Synch
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.