Senior Manager, Royalties & Income Tracking
Joining our global Royalties team, the New York-based Senior Manager, Royalties and Income Tracking will be a critical member of Kobalt’s operations team in a key market. Managing the US and LATAM teams, you will become the subject matter expert on Royalties and Income Tracking in the US collaborating closely with a wide range of teams across the organization from Accounting and Writer and Publisher Relations to our Digital Partnerships team.
You will need to be comfortable with working within structured set processes and leading colleagues responsible for repetitive and data heavy tasks while remaining positive and determined to complete all assignments accurately and efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER, ROYALTIES & INCOME TRACKING AT KOBALT DO?
- You oversee & manage the US and LATAM Royalties team ensuring team performance against KPI targets is understood, contextualized and reported to the Director and SVP of Royalties.
- You ensure standard procedures and protocols are followed in order to maximize Kobalt’s processing success rate by way of identifying missed payments, reconciling receipts, responding to data retrieval and ingestion issues and supporting the team with the translation of various reporting streams (royalties and usage) into Kobalt processable formats.
- You develop and access workflows, processes and best practices for manipulating, processing and analyzing large datasets as the requirement pertains to the US Royalties team ensuring that process documentation is created, maintained and revised if necessary.
- You collaborate closely with the Royalty Tracking team to assist in the creation and maintenance of reports and processes to analyze income gaps and recover unpaid royalties as well as investigate, resolve and respond to US specific complex royalty queries, from external (clients) and internal stakeholders.
- You also work cross functionally with digital partnerships to facilitate contractual payments, reporting & deal summaries, provide SQL support for admin department when needed as well as perform royalty-related financial analysis as requested by Senior Management.
- You partner with the Director and SVP of Royalties to lean in and provide opinion in regards to strategic planning, goal setting, budgeting and OKR execution as well as manage and drive US outbound audits strategy while liaising with involved labels and 3rd parties.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience working in a similar role for a music publishing or recording business as well as a track-record of successfully supervising, managing and motivating team members.
- You are highly numerate and analytical, with an advanced level of Excel skills and experience analyzing and manipulating large sets of data.
- You have strong communication skills with experience communicating to a wide-ranging audience of varying seniority, skill, and knowledge.
- You are an organized self-starter working well under high pressure and to tight deadlines as well the ability to think of improvements to existing tools and processes to continually enhance what we do to achieve our goals.
- You can demonstrate a comfortability and working knowledge of using SQL based databases.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for NYC-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than NYC may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.