Starting beginning of October, we are looking for an Senior Manager to join our Business Affairs team for a fixed-term contract.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager, Business Affairs to join Kobalt’s Business Affairs team in its publishing division in London. This is a legal role and will involve hands-on negotiating and drafting of our agreements, as well as supporting and assisting the team with other legal matters. It will provide an excellent opportunity for you to develop both professionally and personally in a highly progressive music company.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Draft, negotiate and handle the signature and the implementation (along with internal teams) of various client (both writer and B2B) agreements and side letters for the publishing division;
- Draft, negotiate and handle the signature and the implementation (along with internal teams) of various other agreements relating to the publishing division such as agreements with sub-publishers and collection societies;
- Advise and support our finance, creative, copyright and client relations teams on a variety of matters including without limitation deal terms, IP matters, GDPR/data use-related matters, dispute resolution, deal-flow processes, best legal and business practice and general BA queries; and
- Maintain good relationships with external lawyers – especially at Associate level.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- +3 years PQE with relevant experience from a top music/entertainment private practice law firm and/or in-house role within a significant publishing company. Individuals with in-house recordings experience and an understanding of and passion for the publishing part of the industry may also be considered
- Strong negotiation and drafting experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to disseminate complicated legal and contractual principles to non-BA staff in a coherent and precise manner
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a role that can be pressurized
- Attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Good relations with music industry lawyers
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.