As Kobalt Music’s Senior Manager, Brand & Social Media Marketing, you will play an integral role, working closely with global teams to create engaging high quality content plans to bring our brand’s story to life across all channels as well as own the optimisation of social media platforms.
Based in our Los Angeles office and reporting directly into our Chief Experience Officer, you are a compelling storyteller passionate about music who knows how to leverage analytics to drive audience engagement. You are also collaborative a self-starter, as well as an expert user of social media – ideal for anyone looking to join a progressive, forward-thinking, and ambitious music publishing company!
WHAT DOES THE SENIOR MANAGER, BRAND & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING DO?
- Manage Kobalt’s social media and website accounts by crafting and maintaining Kobalt’s tone of voice
- Create and design graphic layouts, templates and animations for social channels using visual effects and motion graphics
- Design for Kobalt’s socials including GIFs, short video edits, playlist covers, newsletter graphics, quote cards, Instagram stories, New Music Friday assets, artist features and more
- Build and maintain content calendars to support social campaigns, post and schedule content across multiple platforms, and maintain balanced messaging that supports company goals & initiatives
- Create and implement new content series, optimized for each channel
- Manage Kobalt’s bi-monthly internal newsletter
- Use analytics tools to create social performance reports and collate data that will inform our social strategy
- Work with our global teams to compile and promote key artist/songwriter projects, company achievements, awards and press coverage
- Work directly with artists to produce interview, docu-style and other creative promotional assets
- Work with global teams and P&C to ensure our voice on social media and marketing materials is reflective of the diversity of our artists/songwriters and organization
- Continuously think of ways to make our social content fun, playful & engaging as well as stay on top of emerging social & industry trends
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passionate about music and experience at a label, a music publisher, agency, or a similar environment to ours where you built up a strong awareness of social and digital formats and best practices
- You need to be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects with simultaneous schedules and deadlines
- Have a deep level of understanding of social media analytics & strategy
- Exemplify a high level of attention to detail with strong copywriting skills and excellent verbal communication skills
- Exemplify a high level of attention to detail using Instagram Stories and other in-app design functions including having nice spatial awareness, clean and consistent font selections in Stories, tagging artists, occasional GIPHY stickers, etc
- Can skillfully facilitate interviews for various artist, employee or brand initiatives
- Proficient at using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign and/or Wix
- Have a strong understanding of typography principles as well as the ability to execute core social design styles (including GIFs, cinemagraphs, teaser assets etc.)
- Are a strong team player with excellent people skills to build trusting, long-lasting relationships
- Have knowledge of Google Docs, Keynote, Google Drive and bonus points for experience using Sprout Social and in-app analytics
- Basic video editing skills and experience using Adobe After Effects and Illustrator as well as Spark AR / Lens Studio, iMovie etc are ideal, but not essential
- Fluency in Spanish is also an advantage to work more closely with our rapidly growing LatAm teams and artists
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.