Senior Coordinator, Royalties & Income Tracking
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Tracking & Analysis, the Senior Coordinator will be an essential member of a small, but tight-knit global team based in our London office.
Overall, the team is responsible for the assurance of revenue from affiliates around the world, as well as finding additional opportunities to grow revenue further in new and existing markets.
You will take ownership of weekly recurring, as well as ad-hoc tasks focusing on processing of our clients’ royalties as well as supporting the team with executing income tracking exercises to drive maximum value and provide our clients with the most transparent and accurate reporting in the music industry.
This requires a process-driven mindset and a high level of attention to detail. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment so having an inquisitive mindset as well as organisational and prioritisation skills is essential.
In return you get to work with a forward-thinking and collaborative team in an entrepreneurial environment where your ideas and suggestions on how to maximise value for our clients are always welcome.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- You analyse the processing of Big Data royalty statements, review data from digital licensees and help to solve any complex royalty issues.
- You track reporting and payments against expected timelines and forecasts
- You use Athena to query extremely large datasets to surface insights and answer questions efficiently.
- You use this knowledge to conduct quarterly analysis of income and royalty trends as well as create earning reports to help track gaps in collections.
- You correspond with internal teams in regards to outstanding statements and payments, work cross-functionally to track advances from existing deals and develop BI dashboards to share data concisely and efficiently with key stakeholders
- You support audits by investigating queries and delivering accurate commentary with supporting analysis
- You conduct adhoc investigations to support Senior Management decision making
- You innovate to ensure our royalty tracking processes remain scalable and best in class
- You remain curious and eager to continually expand your knowledge of royalty reporting and process across a variety of global income sources so that you are able to continually question our clients collection and unlock missing income
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You may have had experience working for a music publishing or recording business with a solid understanding of licensing and copyright registration.
- You may have had experience in presenting data to communicate a narrative, making appropriate choices in regard to delivery and presentation
- You have some experience manipulating or analysing large volumes of data and/or experience in identifying gaps in data or income is essential.
- You may have a working knowledge of using SQL based databases, and ideally with some experience with Athena.
- You are proficient in using Excel to analyse and manipulate data
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities who takes initiative and has the ability to problem solve to understand complex royalty issues.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.