Kobalt Music’s newly formed Clients Contracts team is looking for a Senior Assistant with strong administrative and excellent communication skills.
This is a new role in the Onboarding department at Kobalt Music Publishing and will be Kobalt’s knowledge specialist for all our Publishing client agreements. Making sure all contracts are entered correctly into our system is a critically important task, where accuracy is absolutely key to ensure both the claims we make on behalf of our clients and our reporting back to them are correct. The successful candidate will also be a natural communicator, a proactive and curious individual who is self-motivated and enjoys technical challenges and problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ASSISTANT, CLIENT CONTRACTS DO?
- Interprets and onboards key agreement terms from contracts into Kobalt’s bespoke publishing operations system
- Helps track and manage any conditional amendments to ongoing Kobalt publishing agreements and to make relevant system updates as required for amended agreement terms
- Acts as first point of contact for queries from the Kobalt Copyright department in regards to contract terms and conditions
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience reading and interpreting music publishing contracts, as well as admin in a similar role is advantageous
- A track-record of having a detail-driven mind-set with experience of tasks that requires a strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Organisation and prioritisation skills as well as excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Intermediate Excel skills are preferred
- Tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software and systems quickly and ideally experience using GSuite software
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.