Based in our New York office, the Senior Analyst – Corporate Finance will evaluate and analyze financial results. The individual will support various business partners by providing periodic expense reports and insightful analysis. The individual will be tasked to figure out ways to reduce inefficiencies and decrease costs. This role will also involve supporting the month-end process to ensure accurate financial results, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis.
WHAT DOES AN FP&A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Work with business leaders to develop and maintain annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Perform variance analysis and deliver commentary of periodic results versus budget, forecasts and prior year spend in partnership with Accounting
- Create, manage and maintain budget and expense models
- Assist in essential month-end close processes including consolidated reporting
- Analyze spend, draw conclusions and present recommendations on cost savings opportunities and efficiencies
- Manage headcount by coordinating with People & Culture and monitoring progress against hiring plans
- Drive continuous improvement through automation, develop robust reporting processes, and assist in documenting critical workflows
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least +5 years of progressive Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis experience.
- Team player with ability to build organizational relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels.
- Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions and options.
- Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
- Experience creating budget and forecasts within Adaptive Insights is required
- Proficient with PowerPoint and financial management/budgeting applications. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. index & match, pivot tables) is a must.
- A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
- Larger company experience with established processes
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.