Joining the Royalties & Statements department in our London office, the primary role of the Royalties Assistant will be to support the team with various audit queries for incoming and ongoing audits, day-to-day processing of royalties as well as various quarterly client specific statement tasks.
We are looking for someone looking to start a career in the music business and specifically interested in publishing operations. This is a great learning opportunity were you will be exposed to to multiple departments across the organization. To be successful in the role, you need to have a detail-driven mind-set and be comfortable with repetitive and data heavy tasks. This is a fast-paced and deadline driven area of the music industry, so you need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding queries and have high levels of confidence in decision making when faced with difficult challenges such as investigating data issues. In addition to this, working across several areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders across Writer and Publishing Relations and Copyright teams also requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Deal with important audit queries for incoming and ongoing audits as well as support the team with various quarterly client specific statement tasks
- Assist the Royalties team with day-to-day tasks to facilitate accurate and correct processing of our client’s royalties
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are numerical, with a track-record of excellent organization and prioritization skills and strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set
- You are comfortable formatting data in Excel as you will be working on a pivot tables as well as using formulas like VLOOKUP’s on a daily basis
- You have a high level of written and spoken English as well as any other required language skills and excellent communication skills
- You have a good understanding of music publishing with previous admin and any previous copyright and/or royalty processing experience as a nice-to-have
What members of the team say
“Working on the Royalties Team at Kobalt is both stimulating and rewarding. An ever-expanding roster with increasing royalty volume to process presents challenges that we overcome with a real team effort. Frequent collaboration with colleagues who share the same goal in an exciting working environment means there is never a dull moment!” – David Cryan, Assistant Manager, Royalties
“A job at Kobalt is a fantastic opportunity to learn and improve within an incredibly multi-talented and inspiring environment. Working in royalties has allowed me to take part in many aspects of music publishing whilst being supported by a really strong team of forward-thinking and productive people. It’s been an amazing challenge and a great experience.” – Nick Cashmore, Royalty Analyst
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like The Weeknd, Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.