Joining the Royalties team in the Publishing department in our London office, the primary role of the Royalties Assistant will be to support the team with the end to end processing of income received for our clients.
To be successful in the role, you need to have a detail-driven mind-set and be comfortable with repetitive and data heavy tasks. You will also work in a very fast-paced and deadline driven area of the business, so you need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding queries and have high levels of confidence in decision making when faced with difficult challenges such as investigating unknown payments.
Working across several areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders across Client and Copyright teams requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What does a Royalties Assistant at Kobalt do?
- Log & process incoming statements from various sources
- Chase any outstanding statements or missing payments
- Investigate unknown payments
- Provides quality control and troubleshoot processing errors
- Assist the Royalties Manager with ad-hoc tasks to facilitate accurate and correct royalty generation
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright and/or royalty processing experience as well as a good understanding of music publishing
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Numerical, with strong attention to detail as well as a detail-driven mind-set
- Very comfortable with using Pivot Tables and V-lookups in Excel
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say
“Working on the Royalties Team at Kobalt is both stimulating and rewarding. An ever-expanding roster with increasing royalty volume to process presents challenges that we overcome with a real team effort. Frequent collaboration with colleagues who share the same goal in an exciting working environment means there is never a dull moment!” – David Cryan, Assistant Manager, Royalties
“A job at Kobalt is a fantastic opportunity to learn and improve within an incredibly multi-talented and inspiring environment. Working in royalties has allowed me to take part in many aspects of music publishing whilst being supported by a really strong team of forward-thinking and productive people. It’s been an amazing challenge and a great experience.” – Nick Cashmore, Senior Royalties Assistant
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.