As part of Kobalt’s significant expansion of AWAL – Kobalt’s recorded-music division, the Coordinator will support the growing global Release Management team by ensuring accurate and timely build of all AWAL Recordings releases for digital and physical distribution.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Release Management, the Coordinator will assist all our Release Managers based in London, New York & Stockholm with all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all AWAL products meet release date.
If you’re looking to build a career in a music and tech focussed company, this role could be just right for you.
Maybe you have some experience of music metadata, or have even worked directly within a supply chain in the music industry?
You also have to have laser sharp attention to detail, take real pride in what you do and have great interpersonal skills and ability to cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic and persistent to make things happen.
There’s a lot of cross-checking of info, carrying out repetitive, yet totally essential tasks. So, don’t apply for this role if you’re not ready to get your head down and focus or don’t like spreadsheets or tech!
Working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as a Release Management Coordinator?
- Assisting with collation, management and storage of metadata
- Setting up video releases & delivering to Ops team
- Entering relevant data and assets into Kobalt internal systems
- Checking technical aspects of assets received from clients
- Assisting with registration of tracks and products for Performance & Broadcast
- Assisting with co-ordination of physical format production
- Collating physical manufacture costs
- Assisting with stock control management, stock orders, splits and shipping
- Creating POs for stock deliveries, from both storage facility and manufacturers
- Coordinating CD promo manufacture, including checking artwork and credits
- Management of our promo stock cupboard
- Assisting with release schedule maintenance and distribution
- Checking of chart registrations
- Minute taking in meetings
You will ideally have
…excellent written and verbal communication skills with highly proficient spoken and written English
…a tech-savvy mind-set, detail driven with working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets with high level of accuracy
…ability to concentrate on tasks for a long period of time following strict industry guidelines
…strong organisational and prioritisation skills – carefully plans and structures their work load but can be flexible as priorities frequently change
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.