To enable accurate royalty collections on behalf of our clients, we need to make sure that collection societies have all the necessary copyright information in their systems to license and match claims for the use of music in streaming, radio, TV etc.
Joining our fast-growing Publishing Operations team in a brand-new role, the Registrations Assistant will support the team with the end-to-end process of work registrations.
We are looking for someone to become a go-to-person for a range of work registrations areas, and become an essential part of the wider copyright team.
This means that your role will be dynamic both in terms of level of responsibility but also in collaboration across several teams at Kobalt.
It’s therefore crucial that you are a quick-learning self-starter, someone with an analytical mind-set, is tech-savvy and cares about all the little details.
You should also have an exceptional attention to detail and a genuine interest in data and the importance of accurate data in the music industry.
To be successful in the role, you need to deal with the pressure of having a high volume of repetitive tasks but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently as well as excellent time management and confident in asking questions.
An interest in admin and copyright as well as music publishing is highly desirable but most important is that you are ambitious, hardworking and take pride in the work you do!
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A REGISTRATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- To provide support to Registrations Manager in overseeing the work registrations process
- Build good working relationships with teams involved in registration process
- Assist with improving reporting and monitoring processes
- Assist in management of priority work registrations
- Assist in documenting the registration processes
- Support the Copyright team with generating registrations
- Assist with management of ad-hoc registration tasks
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Excellent organization and prioritisation skills working in a ever-evolving, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of written and spoken English
- Comfortable working with large data sets as well as using Excel
- Tech savvy, generally interested in new technology and can pick things up quickly
- You may have a background in any music industry role, but ideally have experience working in fast paced office environments in coordinator/researcher/operational/financial and/or customer support roles working with large data sets with internal & external email correspondence.