Kobalt is seeking a Senior level Business Partner to join a values-driven and growing People & Culture team.
Reporting to the VP of People & Culture UK & Rest of World, this role will support circa 300 employees across the UK business where you will partner with the leadership teams and have global ownership of the Publishing Operations teams, AMRA (our digital music collection society) and Neighbouring Rights, as well as provide BU support for the Synchronisation & Creative teams and AWAL (our recordings function).
The People & Culture department is a growing team of 20+ made up of Business Partners (known internally as P&C Managers), Learning & Development, Employee Communications, Compensation & Benefits and Internal Recruitment.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A PEOPLE & CULTURE BUSINESS PARTNER AT KOBALT DO?
- Partner with leadership teams on people & culture and change management initiatives
- Builds a strategic P&C plan on their business unit which supports the growth and challenges of their area
- Support staff by building a first-class employee experience, promoting development feedback, objective setting, employee engagement
- Promote and engage in well-being and diversity / inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relation cases from initial advice through to completion
- Work with Learning & Development on learning programmes where necessary
- Roll out and embed career progression framework and advise managers on compensation discussions
- Ensure the HRIS data is up to date and changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator
- Use data and insights to influence and support business decisions and changes
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, ER
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Business Understanding:
- Use to working with a creative or media industry
- Business Partnering:
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Using metrics / data to advise and influence
- Change Management / ER
- Support staff going through huge amounts of change and business growth.
- Strong handling of managing complex ER cases
- HR knowledge
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following would be advantageous: managing annual salary reviews, actioning employee survey results, running workshops, performance management
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Business savvy and analytical
- Can manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills
- A self-starter who has a problem-solving mindset with a flexible and proactive attitude