We are seeking a fluent Spanish speaking Manager with strong customer service and administrative skills to join our Writer & Publisher Relations team based either in Miami or Los Angeles. Servicing our West Coast songwriters and publishers as well as our LatAm repertoire, you are confident in a client-facing, account management role, and have a track-record of providing excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. The Manager will communicate with Kobalt publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business on a regular basis.
To be successful in the role, you need to have a good grasp of music publishing, including copyright terms, knowing who the key organisations and stakeholders are and how royalties flow in this highly complex part of the industry.
Our clients are our No.1 priority, so you have to be customer service minded as well as a natural organizer able to juggle multiple priorities whilst providing a first class service to Kobalt publishing clients in both Spanish and English.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients, communicating in both Spanish & English
- You ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- You develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- You liaise with internal teams such as Copyright, regarding catalogue registrations, and Royalties regarding the quarterly distribution for client accounts
- You field questions from and supply information relating to client accounts and internal operations to other departments within the business
- You work closely with Kobalt’s creative team in Miami providing updates and performance insight regarding client accounts
- You develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business to effectively respond to client queries
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluent, written and verbally, in Spanish and English
- Experience in a client-facing, account management role in the music industry with a good understanding of the role of a music publisher, key terminology and being able to explain the rights flow of copyright, royalties etc.
- A natural communicator, with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Detail-driven and highly organised, with an analytical mindset and numerical skills
- Can work independently, and adapt to changing priorities in high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Adaptable, a team player comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Ozuna, Anuel AA, Paul McCartney and Enrique Iglesias and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.