Joining AWAL’s global Release Management team in New York or Los Angeles, the Release Manager will ensure accurate and timely creation of US AWAL Recordings releases for digital and physical distribution. You will liaise with clients and internal teams to handle all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all US AWAL products meet release date.
If you have experience with digital supply chain, music metadata as well as physical product production in the music industry, this role could be just right for you. To be successful in the role, you must have a high level of attention to detail, have great interpersonal skills and an ability to cope with a high-pressure and fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER IN RELEASE MANAGEMENT DO?
- Work closely with global Release Management & Marketing teams to oversee the creation of digital and physical products in AWAL’s systems
- Manage one team member, delegating tasks and setting goals and deadlines as well as motivate and discover areas of training and development
- Onboard new US AWAL Recordings clients, communicating all relevant audio, artwork, label copy specifications & timelines
- Work closely with AWAL Marketing Leads on upcoming release timelines, scheduling, and delivery of products
- Gather assets from clients & collate, manage, and input all data and assets into AWAL’s internal release management systems to an excellent standard
- Build digital products (audio + video) from end to end and deliver accurate/approved products to Operations team
- Coordinate production of physical formats in close consultation with artist and label clients and with manufacturing brokers, from creative concept to manufacture and shipment
- Work closely with Product & Retail Marketing team in the US on product ship & release dates
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working in a supply chain or release management role for a record label or music distributor, or other relevant experience in the music industry with a good working understanding of both the physical and digital supply chain and services
- Proven success in people management
- Numerate and tech savvy with strong attention to detail and good understanding of metadata and assets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively internally and across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- Can demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and remain highly organised and efficiently structure and prioritise your workload as well as oversee day-to-day operations of the team
- Proactive, self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and develop oneself
Why choose us?
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras ,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.