We are hiring a Manager, Corporate Finance in London to support Kobalt’s publishing business. This FP&A position will be part of the global Corporate Finance team and report to the VP, Corporate Finance. The Manager will help to drive the business through regular forecasting and analysis with a focus on revenue – creating and developing financial models, providing insight into revenue performance, and carrying out ad-hoc analyses for senior management. This successful candidate will also be required to undertake the investment evaluation of catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters.
WHAT DOES AN FP&A MANAGER DO AT KOBALT?
- You continuous drive improvement in modelling and forecasting, including building/refining model logic and assumptions while operating across multiple systems
- You carry out analyses to inform, update and refine forecasting assumptions and logic, and extract insight on business performance
- You respond to ad-hoc requests for financial information/analysis and supporting strategic and operational decision making as appropriate
- You ensure forecasts (covering P&L, cash flow and KPIs) are updated on time, communicating as appropriate with stakeholders in the business and in Finance
- You also ensure delivery of regular weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting and commentary
- You improve and integrate data across multiple systems and departments to increase reliability, accuracy and usefulness of reporting
- And finally, you support the financial valuation and cash flow analysis as well as monitoring deal performance and forecasting and any other financial due diligence
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are a qualified accountant with experience of independently manage forecasts and budgeting processes as well as owning complex models
- You also have experience working in an FP&A, budgeting and/or forecasting role and experience preparing deliverables and presenting to senior management
- You have an advanced level of Excel as well as financial modelling skills having built models from scratch
- You have a strong experience overseeing revenue forecasting, and comfortable defining specific deliverables and proposing solutions
- You have experience querying and manipulating large volume complex datasets/databases and comfortable using systems and tools such as Adaptive, Hyperion and BI tools like Tableau
- You may have experience working in the music or creative industries, but the most important thing is that you have an ability to work independently, and can efficiently manage tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and of course, a passion for working in music!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.