Joining a tightly-knit Synch team based in the heart of London and reporting to the Director for UK Creative and Clearance, the role of the Creative & Clearance Synch Manager involves spearheading creative pitching and rights clearance for the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue.
We are seeking a goal-oriented, proactive team member who can cultivate strong client relationships across various media platforms, including TV, Film, Games, and other ad-hoc media.
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE & CLEARANCE SYNCH MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- You handle creative pitching of the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue across TV, Film & Games.
- You facilitate, negotiate and close all high value synch requests for TV, Film & Games.
- You create, develop and maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at studios, music supervisors, production companies, directors, editors etc.
- You are proactively reaching out to contacts for their creative music needs to further build the Kobalt profile and increase revenue.
- You create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases/marketing campaigns.
- You maintain good relationships with Kobalt clients, including but not limited writers and artists as well as their representatives.
- You attend industry events and organise artist showcases and playbacks as well as Kobalt client events and shows bringing key contacts from all media areas.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have mid to senior level experience, working creatively in the synch business with well-developed relationships with in depth knowledge of music licensing and industry terminology used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synch licence as well as Copyright knowledge as it relates to the music industry (primarily publishing but also on the master side).
- You are on top of current music industry trends, challenges and market conditions and have a strong interest in film, games and TV production.
- You can demonstrate extensive knowledge of UK Broadcast blanket licence with a proven sales record and ability to close high value deals, sometimes working on complex licensing challenges.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to bring new ideas and solutions to improve efficiency and profitability.
- You are an excellent communicator as well as target driven, detail oriented, organised, timely and accurate with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently whilst also following global internal processes and procedures.
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including G-suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, iTunes, Emailing marketing tools etc.
- You may be working for a Music Publisher, Label, as a music supervisor or production library but most important is that you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment with an ability to work independently.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritised creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts). We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity.
We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work model ensures close relationships with your team, the perks of office life, and the flexibility to work from home.
Global Corporate Discounts: You get access to Perkbox gives you access to over 4,000 perks and discounts worldwide.
Leave Entitlement: On top of generous leave entitlement, our offices close between Christmas & New Years Days, plus we give 4 additional days a year for self-care. In the summer period, we also enjoy Friday afternoons off during July and August.
Good Vibes: We provide a subscription to Calm, access to the Perkbox Wellbeing Hub, and an employee assistance program to support your well-being.
Family friendly benefits: Enhanced health insurance, pension and parental leave entitlement.
Learning Opportunities: We offer a range of tools and support to help you stay on track with your development goals, so you can grow and succeed in your career.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential.
We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.