Manager, Corporate Finance
Kobalt Music is hiring for a Manager in Los Angeles to join the global Corporate Finance team and be highly involved with Kobalt’s deal process. Working alongside senior dealmakers, creative and the Legal and Business Affairs departments, this role will undertake the investment evaluation of all catalog and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters.
Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and the Legal & Business Affairs departments, the Corporate Finance team will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modeling and assist with post-closing integration and analysis.
WHAT DOES A CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- You will manage one direct report.
- You will perform financial valuation and cash flow analysis as well as build financial models to evaluate the value of assets, and create investment memorandums outlining proposed deal structure and providing recommendations.
- You assist in monitoring deal performance and forecasting and support senior team members with catalog and company acquisitions.
- You also assist with financial due diligence and conduct industry and deal specific research.
- You may also support the team with presentations.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have 3+ years’ experience in an investment environment; but most importantly, you are comfortable working in fast-paced environment where a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- You have strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes.
- You can demonstrate attention to detail as well as a high level of proficiency in Excel, including experience in preparing financial models.
- You are a confident team-player, and may have experience in supervising, managing and motivating team members, but more importantly, can demonstrate a keen interest and core attributes relevant for a people manager.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments as well as ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders across multiple functions.
- You ideally have experience in investment banking, PE or VC, consultancy, intellectual property, investment management, music organization or with a major corporation, but more importantly, you have a passion for music and the creative industries.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $ 100,000 – $112,500