Kobalt Music is hiring for a Manager in London to join the global Corporate Finance team and be highly involved with Kobalt’s deal process. Working alongside senior dealmakers, creative and the Legal and Business Affairs departments, this role will undertake the investment evaluation of all catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters.
Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and the Legal & Business Affairs departments, the Corporate Finance team will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modelling and assist with post-closing integration and analysis.
WHAT DOES A CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Perform financial valuation and cash flow analysis
- Build financial models to evaluate the value of assets, and create investment memorandums outline proposed deal and providing recommendations
- Assist in monitoring deal performance and forecasting
- Assist senior team members with catalogue and company acquisitions
- Assist with financial due diligence
- Conduct industry and deal specific research
- Support the team with presentations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years’ experience in an investment environment; investment banking, PE or VC, consultancy, intellectual property, investment management or with a major corporation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes
- High proficiency in Excel, including experience in preparing financial models
- The ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments is essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple task, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- An understanding and passion for the music industry passion is a clear bonus
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.