Kobalt’s industry leading legal team is hiring a Los Angeles-based Business Affairs Manager. Reporting into the Senior Vice President, this exciting opportunity involves hands-on negotiating and drafting of our agreements, as well as supporting the team with other legal matters.
You are a qualified attorney with strong drafting skills who thrives in fast-paced environments. You are a detail-oriented, organized and ambitious individual and in return, will have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally at a transformative and progressive music publishing company.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS AT KOBALT DO?
- You will draft and negotiate publishing administration proposals, agreements and amendments as well as deal summaries; communicating as needed with relevant internal departments.
- You will also draft various NDAs and other ancillary legal documents, track litigation matters and draft demand letters and other correspondence.
- In addition to the above, you may also be asked to track corporate governance and support the wider team with other general legal tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a law degree and are admitted to the NY or CA bar
- You have some experience in either a law firm or an in-house legal team (entertainment or music industry experience with an understanding of music publishing concepts is a plus!)
- You demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to disseminate complicated legal and contractual principles to non-BA staff in a coherent and precise manner
- As an ambassador for Kobalt internally and externally, you must possess excellent management and leadership skills as well as strong business acumen with a passion for music and the people who make it!
- You pay attention to details and are highly adaptable having worked in a fast-paced and high-volume environment developing the ability to juggle multiple high-priority matters.
- Proficiency/ease in working with various programs (MS Office, Salesforce, DocuSign, etc)
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $86,400 – $110,000