We are hiring an Artist & Label Development Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Artist & Label Development in the UK, your main focus will be to represent a roster of AWAL’s key developing artist and label clients to drive visibility, revenue and relationships whilst adding value and marketing expertise to their campaigns. We expect our Artist & Label Development Managers to work in close collaboration with Marketing and A&R teams to identify and develop priority artists and releases.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, ARTIST & LABEL DEVELOPMENT DO AT AWAL?
- Manage a roster of developing artists through the early stages of their career helping them to establish and grow their audience
- Support these clients with distribution, marketing and release planning advice and best practices working in tandem with marketing, sales and release management teams as required on higher-profile campaigns.
- Support releases across both digital and physical supply chains as necessary
- Liaise with internal departments, from operations, sales and marketing to finance, legal and A&R
- Manage marketing and promo budgets where required
- Onboard new clients in tandem with A&R, Integrations and other teams as necessary
- Work with senior management and A&R to regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be up-streamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities
- Consistently inform and educate clients with current and developing best practice across the industry
- Provide in-depth data analysis, marketing strategy and digital health checks where required
- Provide reporting and feedback to clients, line managers and executives as required
- Represent AWAL at artist showcases & gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a label or product management role within a progressive label or distributor and can demonstrate excellent working knowledge of digital and physical music distribution and supply chain as well as DSP processes
- You also have experience or a working understanding of digital music marketing and promotion
- You build and nurture internal and external relationships at all levels and can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximizing their release campaigns
- You are a flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker with the ability to remain highly organized and efficiently structure and prioritize your workload
WHY CHOOSE US?
At AWAL we’ve prioritized creators since we first started. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Jungle, Gabrielle Aplin, Kim Petras, Little Simz, FINNEAS, The Wombats, Bruno Major, You Me At Six and girl in red.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.