Joining a growing Global Finance Shared Services team and reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be part of the team responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the global purchase and sales ledger and the timely settling of invoices and expenses. The assistant will also support the finance team with other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A FINANCE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Paying Kobalt clients and corporate vendors
- Liaising with senior stakeholders throughout the business to ensure timely payment to clients
- Recording invoices received and booking these into the accounting system
- Agreeing invoices to purchase orders and arranging payments to suppliers
- Monitoring and maintenance of the accounts payable ledger of the worldwide group
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Great awareness of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Aptitude for working with large volumes of numerical data