Joining the Royalties team in Kobalt’s Publishing department in London, the primary role of the Distribution Assistant will be to assist with the ingestion of publishing statements delivered to us from across the globe in various data formats from organisations like PRS for Music, Record Labels, Digital Service Providers like Spotify and Apple Music etc.!
It’s a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, so you need to be able to demonstrate organisational skills and flexibility to changing priorities.
The successful candidate will also need to be a quick learner and can demonstrate an interest in all things tech, as well as an ability to think logically to tackle a range of issues in a creative and proactive manner.
What does a Distribution Assistant at Kobalt do?
- Import all publishing statements and prepare them for further processing
- Troubleshoot and promptly escalate any import related issues
- Maintain and improve statement ingestion process
- Monitor and maintain high level of data standards
- Assist with post-import processing
- Ad-hoc assistance with any other royalty processing related tasks as and when they may be require
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- An understanding of various music royalty source data and statement import formats is ideal but not essential
- Computer literate and numerical skills
- Tech savvy with ability to adapt and learn new things quickly
- Has the highest level of attention to detail
- Result oriented as well as have the ability to objectively look at a situation and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills and can adapt communication to audience
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say
“After working in the business for many years, Kobalt was a breath of fresh air. It’s so open and friendly and your ideas and opinions are listened to. To work with so many like minded and driven people makes for a good long career. If you have the drive and passion, they have the opportunities.” – Linda Wilson, Senior Coordinator, Processing
“Kobalt is a family worth joining. With the resource of a conglomerate, mindset of a startup and drive of an independent, it is a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment. Focused on delivering the best service for its clients, it prides itself on being the best in the industry at what it does. The people are what make Kobalt, through dedicated, motivated team players you’ll get to work alongside an intimate yet diverse group of like-minded, creative and innovative people. The opportunity for development and career progression is abundant and awaiting individuals who are determined and enthusiastic.” – George Woodgate, Distribution Assistant
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.