Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to assist in managing our catalogue in Australia and New Zealand by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at the Australian collection society (APRA-AMCOS) and carrying out all related tasks to maintain and manage our catalogue to highest standards, including working with royalties and distribution. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when working closely with internal teams in our Sydney and Hong Kong offices as well as dealing with general enquiries from external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at collection societies
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analyzing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the societies to resolve these issues
- Carrying out territory related investigations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of numeracy
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is advantageous
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“Kobalt’s simple ambition has always been clear to me, and has never faltered: to fairly reward music’s creators. When you join Kobalt, you are actively involved in a journey to fulfil Kobalt’s ambition. You overcome the challenges the nature of the music industry brings, and share experiences with other passionate people. Your environment allows you to strive for your own personal, as well as common goals. No matter what your role is, or how long you’ve been with us, your contributions are valued as part of the Kobalt family.“ – Christina Avila, Assistant Copyright Manager