Kobalt Music’s Publishing Operations department is looking for a self-motivated and proactive administrator with excellent communication and great interpersonal skills to join our London Copyright team.
Your primary role as a Copyright Assistant will be to assist the team in managing our catalog in Mexico and Argentina by ensuring our clients’ song and agreement details are correctly registered at the performing rights organisations in those territories.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general inquiries from internal and external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT DO AT KOBALT?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly in Mexico and Argentina
- Dealing with general inquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogs
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analyzing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the societies to resolve these issues
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High level of written and spoken Spanish and English is essential
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of numeracy
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is advantageous
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.