Kobalt Music’s Publishing Operations department is looking for a strong administrator with excellent communication skills to join the team that manages the copyright administration for the Asia Pacific territories.
Ensuring our clients’ song and agreement details are correctly registered at performing rights organisations in Australia and New Zealand, day to day tasks involve communicating with internal and external contacts, as well as answering general queries. The role requires you to deal with pressure and tight deadlines, but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT DO AT KOBALT?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at the collection societies in Australia and New Zealand
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analysing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the societies to resolve these issues
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is advantageous but most importantly, you have database management experience and an ability to manipulate and analyse data (especially numerical data)
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential
- Tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software quickly
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set and as well as highly numerate