Kobalt Music Group – Coordinator, Creative
Application deadline – 28th July, 2023
Reporting to the Head of West Coast Creative, this LA based position is ideal for someone looking to make their mark in A&R.
As the Creative Coordinator, you’ll be working alongside the LA Creative team in a client-facing role, assisting with everything from scheduling meetings and managing calendars to coordinating events and scouting for emerging talents. Your role will be instrumental in supporting the creative team’s vision and ensuring the smooth flow of operations in Kobalt’s fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE COORDINATOR DO AT KOBALT?
- You handle scheduling for individual and group meetings for the LA based creative team as well as assist with internal calendars as well as calendars for select clients.
- You assist with administrative tasks on behalf of the LA creative team (e.g. expense reports, IT needs, aiding with events, showcases, etc.)
- You aid the team in their creative efforts (scouting, going to shows & events).
- You coordinate weekly US creative meetings.
- You maintain & distribute a weekly report of US Billboard chart entries (this includes monitoring new entries).
- You assist members of the LA Creative Team in the set up of writing sessions for LA-based clients as well as travelling international writers (this includes managing schedules, reach-outs, follow ups, etc.)
- You update and send out the ‘Who’s Looking List’.
- You assist in the song collection process, collecting demos and helping ingest works and metadata into Kobalt’s system.
- You interface with members of the global creative team as needed as well as the wider organisation on various projects and tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a proven track record of working to strict deadlines in a creative and client facing environment handling scheduling, coordinating meetings as well as managing a variety of administrative tasks.
- You are a communicative and proactive self-starter and have a strong worth ethic and a willingness to learn.
- You are humble and empathetic with strong relationship-building skills having worked closely with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Excellent IT and tech skills proficient in using both Mac and PC as well as Google Workplace (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.).
- Most importantly, you have a love of music and a strong desire to work in A&R at a music publisher working closely with some of the greatest talent in the world.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work model ensures close relationships with your team, the perks of office life, and the flexibility to work from home.
Global Corporate Discounts: You get access to Perkbox gives you access to over 4,000 perks and discounts worldwide.
Leave Entitlement: On top of generous leave entitlement, our offices close between Christmas & New Years Days, plus we give 4 additional days a year for self-care. In the summer period, we also enjoy Friday afternoons off during July and August.
Good Vibes: We provide a subscription to Calm, access to the Perkbox Wellbeing Hub, and an employee assistance program to support your well-being.
Family friendly benefits: Enhanced health insurance, pension and parental leave entitlement.
Learning Opportunities: We offer a range of tools and support to help you stay on track with your development goals, so you can grow and succeed in your career.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $21.64—$26.45 USD