Kobalt‘s Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced client relations manager with strong interpersonal and numerical skills to join our market-leading administrative team. Previous experience in music copyright, administration and account management is required.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with very strong written and verbal communication skills. It will suit someone seeking to work in an ambitious and successful organization. Candidates must be comfortable communicating with high profile clients and their representatives.
Knowledge of foreign collection societies and music publishing on a global scale would be advantageous.
The primary roles of the client service team are to transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries.
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogs with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright and IT Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3+ years previous experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society is required
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written Spanish
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Highly numerate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
Commensurate with experience
Position available immediately.