We are looking for a bright, detail-oriented and organized paralegal (or legal assistant with relevant equivalent experience) to support our Business Affairs (BA) department in our New York office.
WHAT DOES A PARALEGAL AT KOBALT DO?
- Managing litigation matters and incoming claims; including forms of notice to clients and claimants and handling subpoenas;
- Research background and context of incoming claims and summarize concisely for relevant Kobalt attorney;
- Liaise with Kobalt’s outside litigation counsel regularly to monitor status of all claims; maintain master litigation spreadsheet; track relevant deadlines and updates to each matter;
- Manage the maintenance of all US corporate books and records, liaise with CSC to ensure that all board and officer resolutions are kept up-to-date and that all documentation is submitted as needed to maintain good standing;
- Draft legal correspondence and other documents, process agreements for execution (including via DocuSign); filing and scheduling of meetings;
- Serve as point person for Kobalt BA in communications with other Kobalt departments as needed to compile information and implement tasks;
- Assist in the collection of due diligence and the maintenance of relevant schedules and other information in connection with certain complex agreements;
- Special projects, as directed by BA.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Degree in paralegal studies or equivalent, or meaningful experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs required and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities and deal with demanding workloads
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail is essential
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Knowledge of music publishing strongly preferred