Job title: Assistant, Synch Licensing Administration
Company: Kobalt Music Group
Location: Los Angeles
We are hiring an Assistant to join our Synch Licensing Administration team in Los Angeles. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the US Synch team facilitating the licensing process for Film, TV, Trailers, Advertisements, and Video Games. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Synch Licensing Administration, the role offers an opportunity to improve Kobalt’s synch licensing processes and help shape a best in class service for our clients!
WHAT DOES A SYNCH LICENSING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- You provide support on all synch licensing processes working closely with teams across the department and wider organization to ensure relevant details regarding terms, songwriter splits, and publisher ownership for all synch deals are accurate, and all questions or inconsistencies are resolved prior to licensing.
- You collaborate closely with the client-facing Writer & Publisher Relations team troubleshooting any writer split discrepancies ensuring information is being shared effectively across departments.
- You’ll establish a strong understanding of Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database as well as learn to use our robotic process automation (RPA) software, and how to incorporate those tools in your daily workflow.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You ideally have relevant music industry experience, with a working knowledge as well as keen interest in music publishing and copyright.
- This is an entry-level position, so no prior synch licensing experience is required, although relevant experience in synch licensing is a plus.
- You can demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment having a track record of being highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You have relevant administrative and systems experience including working with Google Suite as well as Microsoft Office.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential.
We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range up to $19.50 an hour.