Joining a global Royalties team in the Publishing department at Kobalt Music, the primary role of the Royalty Processing Assistant will be to support the team with the end to end processing of income received for our clients from territories in Latin America (LATAM).
To be successful in the role, you need to have a detail-driven mind-set and be comfortable with repetitive and data heavy tasks. You will also work in a very fast-paced and deadline driven area of the business, so you need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding queries and have high levels of confidence in decision making when faced with difficult challenges such as investigating data issues. In addition to this, working across several areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders across our US and UK offices requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTY PROCESSING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Upload and process large sets of data (royalty statements) from record labels and digital service providers like streaming platforms territories in Latin America
- Investigate payment discrepancies and any issues related to data or statements and work closely with the Income Tracking team on tasks related to revenue assurance
- Partner with and liaise with payors to obtain full and accurate processing data as well as collection societies and record labels to improve statement data
- Provide support to all members of the global team and take on ad hoc tasks and projects as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is essential as well as excellent communication skills
- You should have strong numerical skills, with a track-record of excellent organization and prioritization skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in a relevant field from an internship or other work experience is a nice-to-have, but you should ideally have a good understanding and interest in music publishing and in particular data and music royalties
- You need to be efficient with Microsoft Office and Google , specifically within Microsoft Excel
- But most importantly, you need to have a detail-driven mind-set and be proactive with a positive approach and an ability to work independently while also being a team player
What members of the team say
“Working for Kobalt is always exciting, as our roster is always growing and we represent a highly important part of the music industry. Working within the royalties team at Kobalt is even better as we collaborate with teams across the globe to reach our common goal, which is making sure our writers are getting paid quickly and accurately.” – Gavin Caesar, Assistant Manager, Royalty Processing
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.