The Mechanical Licensing team in New York is hiring a Mechanical Licensing Assistant. The ideal candidate is just starting their career in the music industry and interested in career growth within administration. The Mechanical Licensing Assistant has some basic knowledge of music publishing for mechanicals and streaming and can handle a large volume of in a professional and upbeat manner. This person must be fluent in excel and enjoy data management and back office work.
WHAT DOES A MECHANICAL LICENSING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Handle all licensing tasks for physical, digital products for specific assigned labels
- Be familiar with using and researching third party sites including but not limited to SoundExchange (MDX), MLC, Harry Fox and various PROs on a regular basis
- Field general e-mail address requests both internal and external
- Respond to daily split and label copy requests
- Communicate with clients for approvals on various uses including but not limited to new media services, digital videos and print requests as needed.
- Be proactive with any development needs and maintain an open communication with line managers
- Handle all correspondence in a timely fashion
- Keep detailed notes on various tasks to continuously update on progress without needed reminding
- Provide support to all teammates and Manager and take on ad hoc tasks as needed
- A team player with strong time management skills
- 1-2 years experience in the music industry field
- Basic knowledge of computer programs including MS Office and G Suite
- Willingness to learn new programs and processes