Kobalt Music Group Logo
As an Assistant Manager in the Writer & Publisher Relations team based in Nashville, you act as the liaison between our clients and our organization, and as an ambassador of our industry-leading administrative services. The successful candidate will join a best-in-class team, fostering relationships with new and existing clients on Kobalt’s roster and driving our continued success as the premier destination for songwriters and publishers.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You are the primary point-of-contact for administrative inquiries from Kobalt clients, fostering and maintaining relationships with members of Kobalt’s songwriter and publisher roster.
- You act as a central resource for client account and catalog knowledge, providing solutions to internal queries from other departments.
- You oversee client agreement onboarding and catalog ingestion.
- You maintain and optimize client account information, ensuring that Kobalt is well-positioned for efficient catalog registration, royalty collection, and ongoing administration for the duration of our clients’ publishing and administration agreements.
- You work cross-functionally with Business Affairs, Copyright, Creative, Synch, Royalties, and Finance as well as with Kobalt’s Operations department to support the accurate production and distribution of client royalty statements.
- You provide insights on client account performance to internal stakeholders, senior management, and clients and their representatives as well as develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Kobalt’s services, and its internal systems and operations.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a client-facing, account management role in the music industry where you have developed an understanding of music publishing, music copyright, performing rights organizations (PROs), digital service providers (DSPs), and royalty flow in the music industry.
- You have a keen interest in emerging industry trends, services, and technologies.
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to cultivate long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You have strong organizational skills, with an analytical mindset and attention to detail and an ability to balance independent tasks and collaborative projects; ability to change priorities on-the-fly while maintaining professionalism and poise.
- You are adaptable, and a team-player comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.